Start Using Your Credits and Benefits for the New Year
Year 2021 is here, and if you carry some of the premium credit cards that come with annual credits and benefits, it’s time to start thinking about how to use them. It’s good to take advantage of these credits early in the year so you don’t forget later on and rush to use them up in the last few days. Don’t be like me!
Keep in mind that there are other credit cards not listed here, that base certain credits on cardmember year, which resets on the date which you were first approved for the card usually.
Credit for Food Delivery Apps, Dell, Saks
This is a list of credits that are issued monthly, or annually for several cards.
Amex Platinum Card
The Amex Platinum Card offers monthly Uber credits and $100 in Saks Fifth Avenue credits that come as two $50 credits that need to be used by June 31 and December 31.
Amex Business Platinum Card
The Amex Business Platinum Card also has the same limited credits. Additionally it also has $200 in Dell credits that come as two $100 credits that need to be used by June 31 and December 31. And there’s an additional $100 Dell credit that needs to be used by December 31.
- $100 Dell credit twice per year
Amex Gold Card
The Amex Gold Card has up to $120 in annual dining credit:
- $10 dining credit (Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations)
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Chase Sapphire Reserve Cardholders get $60 in DoorDash credit for 2020 and 2021. Cardmembers will automatically earn statement credits of up to $60 in 2020 and $60 in 2021 on DoorDash purchases, no activation required.
This is a list of cards that offer credits for airline incidentals, spending at hotels, or just general travel credits. This includes only cards that count these credits based on a calendar year, which means that they will expire on December 31, and reset on January 1. There are several other products not listed here, that base credits on cardmember year, which resets on the date which you were first approved for the card usually.
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Prestige: $250 Travel Credit (cut off date is when your December statement ends, so most people should already be able to use 2021 credits)
- Expedia Rewards Voyager: $100 Annual Air Travel Fee Statement Credit for airline incidentals on qualified airlines, Wi-Fi carriers or Global Entry/TSA Pre✓® application fee.
- Premier World Elite: $100 in statement credits annually as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card, including tickets, seat upgrades, baggage fees, or in-flight purchases